A Bridge to Independence

Attendant Care Waiver / Act 150 Program in PA

A physical disability doesn’t define you. We help you live fully and independently.

Our compassionate team has deep experience with home care assistance, both on the service coordinators side and from the perspective of a program participant.

Get in Touch

If you have a physical disability, the Attendant Care Waiver / Act 150 program may be available to you, as part of Long-Term Services and Supports (LTSS), so you can continue to live in your home and community with the help of government-funded support and services. A Bridge to Independence can coordinate attendant care services for participants in the Act 150 Program.

Bridge was founded by individuals seeking services like LTSS waiver programs for their family members. After learning to expertly navigate the system for attendant care and other services, they dedicated themselves to helping others locate the waivers they need to thrive.

No question is too small. We’re here to help!

Attendant Care Waiver / Act 150 services for PA residents may include:

  • Fiscal Management Services
  • Personal Assistance Services
  • Personal Emergency Response System
  • Service Coordination

The Attendant Care Waiver (an LTSS program) is intended for individuals with physical disabilities to help them live independently in their homes and in the community. To be eligible, an individual must:

  • Be a Pennsylvania resident
  • Be between 18 and 59 years of age
  • Meet the level-of-care needs for a skilled nursing facility
  • Have a medically determinable physical impairment that is expected to last for a continuous period of not less than 12 calendar months or that may result in death
  • Be capable of directing their own care
  • Be capable of a) hiring, firing and supervising attendant care worker(s); b) managing their own financial affairs; and c) managing their own legal affairs
  • Financially qualify for Medicaid.

If an individual meets the above criteria and the level-of-care criteria but fails to qualify financially for Medicaid, they may be offered services through the Act 150 Program, though they may be responsible for a co-pay.

For more information on the program, please visit the DHS website.

Select text size: