What is the PA Adult Autism Waiver?
The Adult Autism Waiver is a 1915(c) Home- and Community-Based Services (HCBS) Medicaid waiver that provides long-term services and supports for community living. This waiver program for autism is specifically designed to help Pennsylvania residents with Autism Spectrum Disorder participate in their communities in ways they want to, based on what best suit their specific needs.
Participants in this program for adults with autism can choose an enrolled provider for each service.
No question is too small. We’re here to help!
Adult autism waiver services for PA residents may include:
- Assistive Technology
- Behavioral Health Services
- Community Inclusion
- Community Transition Services
- Day & Residential Habilitation
- Environmental Modifications
- Family Counseling & Training
- Job Assessment and Finding
- Nutritional Consultation
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech/Language Therapy
- Supported Employment
- Supports Coordination
- Temporary Crisis Services
- Transitional Work Services
- Age 21 and older
- Diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder (Autistic Disorder, Childhood Disintegrative Disorder, PDD-NOS, Asperger Syndrome or Rett Disorder)
- Meets Intermediate Care Facility level of care
Bridge helps those in the adult autism waiver program:
- Identify options for all supports in your plan
- Have choice and control in which supports are delivered
- Increase independence for the participant
- Reduce stress for the participant and the family
- Monitor options for all supports in your plan, including informal, mainstream and community needs
Enrolling in adult
autism waiver services
Bridge helps you with every step of the
waiver enrollment process.
- Application process
- Notification of eligibility